Do you want to be successful every day of your life?
Do you want to be mentally and physcially prepared for the day?
Do you want live like Tony Robbins?
In this article, not only are you going to learn how Tony Robbins starts his day, but also Gary Vaynerchuk, author of “Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook” and discover how successful entrepreneurs begin their morning routine. In case you are wondering, why is it important to have a morning ritual? A quote I read on Huffington Post could answer this question:
“A morning routine sets the tone for the whole day, and if you do each day right, you’ll do life right.”
How would you want to set up your day? Successful or not? Everyone wants to be successful but not everyone makes the moves to do so. With that being said, many successful entrepreneurs base their routine around three pillars: Health, Mind, and Spirit. After intensive research, I correlated a simple morning ritual that is less than 30 minutes- this routine would look something like this…
1) Daily Necessities (6 minutes) includes:
– Brushing your teeth right when you wake up, doing this consistently every day as the first thing will help trick your brain to do other things in your life consistently
– Getting dressed; before you go to bed, prepare your clothes for the next following day so you will not waste 5 minutes looking for clothes while you can do something more productive
– Drink water in the morning; this will help you re-hydrate yourself from the night before, helps flush out any toxins in your body and boost your metabolism
2) Pray about Gratitude + Life (4 minutes)
– This can be anything that you are grateful for in your life or business
– In the aspect of life, you can pray for guidance or happiness for your loved ones
3) Stretch + Exercise (7 minutes)
– Before you work out, ALWAYS stretch first
– Do your own exercise or download this FREE app called “The 7 Minute Workout” and it provides different exercises that works out your whole entire body for ONLY 7 minutes; this app is great because not only does it show you how to do the exercise correctly but also does the countdown for each set and resting period leading up to the next exercise
4) Eat breakfast with No Electronics (5 minutes)
– Use this time to eat, clear your mind and just enjoy your breakfast before you hustle
5) Focus (7 minutes)
– Go over your schedule for the day and daily goals; set a time frame for each activity and prioritize the important one first
Looking at Gary Vaynerchuk’s morning ritual, it is 3 hours long but he wakes up early- every single day at 6 in the morning, even on weekends. He aims to complete his routine before 9 A.M but quite often finishes before then. This is how his morning routine look like:
1) Grabs his cellphone and goes to the bathroom.
– This is where he will go and read the headlines of TechMeme, Jason Hirschhorn’s email newsletter, MediaREDEF then follow up with news focusing on Business Insider and ESPN
– Goes on Twitter (his No. 1 source for communication)- he responds to current questions and any missed questions from the night before while starting new conversations
– Opens up Instagram and look at photos of his friends; Gary V. quoted:
“It’s a nice way to start the morning — seeing all the cool stuff your friends are up to.”
2) Works out for 45 minutes to an hour with his personal trainer, Muscle Mike.
3) Goes home from working out and before the kids go off to school, he kisses them goodbye.
4) Drives to his first meeting and uses this time to connect with people over the phone- depending on who he called last (for ex: his parents or sister)
Gary V. stated:
“By the time I step into that first meeting, so much is going through my head already. The day started the minute I opened my eyes.”
In contrast to Tony Robbins’ routine, he starts off his day by “priming” which is what he calls his morning ritual. The “priming” stage has 3 components which contains…
Disclaimer for Step 1, please read the following- this exercise stated above is not for beginners and may be dangerous for non-advanced yoga practitioners so do research or ask a doctor to see if this is something for you.
Step 1: Three sets of 30 Kapalabhati Pranayama (yoga + breathing exercise)
– A person sits straight and takes a deep inhale before exhaling forcefully by constricting his or her stomach
– The inhales in between are small and the full breaths are done in a quicker sequence
– Ends with a deep inhale continued by a deep exhale
Step 2: Showing Gratitude
– He finds three things that he is grateful for and one out of the three will be something small; Tony Robbins’ said:
“The reason I picked gratitude is because when you’re grateful you can’t be angry. And when you’re grateful you can’t be fearful.”
Step 3: Pray
– You don’t have to be religious to do this exercise but he does see this as a spiritual exercise
– In 3 minutes he would pray great things upon the people close to him and his clients then ending with a prayer for strength
To conclude, the last part to Tony Robbins’ morning ritual is eating a simple breakfast- something that will fuel your energy and body just enough to continue on the rest of your day. With all of the different routines mentioned above, implement and take action on what you like- you don’t have to do everything unless you like everything and see that it is beneficial for you. Each person has their own unique morning ritual- you have to experiment with many and see which one fits perfectly for you. The point of having a morning routine is getting in the same rhythm of something productive. Every fucking minute counts and successful entrepreneurs understand that mentality which is why they are killing it while the rest wonders how come time moves so fast and they barely got shit done. I’m going to go ahead and be upfront with you right now, sometimes or most likely, you will forget to do one thing or another from your morning ritual but the KEY is to KEEP DOING IT until it becomes second nature to you. Look at it this way, doing a morning routine is exactly like a driving a car- at first you were not used to it but then overtime with PRACTICE, PERSISTENCE, and CONSISTENCY, you started driving like a pro without even thinking about when to shift gears.
If you want to learn more on how to set a good morning routine personally for you, schedule a skype meeting or one-on-one if you are local. Stay tuned for the next article about having a night ritual that will help you become even more successful than the night before.
Remember, take control of your day and you will have control over your life.